Question by BarefootGirl: If I just drink my acai smoothies for 3 days, will I lose weight?
Plus exercise a LOT (running and aerobics class). I may eat a small portion for supper. But yeah, if I just drink those for my other meals, do you think I’d lose some weight?
Answer by ChiChi
Enjoy wasting your money on Acai smoothies.
Any weight lost will be the result of exercise and dieting, not the result of Acai.
Acai is just a regular berry like blueberries or rasberries. Unfortunately, some corporation though a great way to make money would be to stretch the truth and turn Acai into some sort of miracle product. Now everybody has been brainwashed into thinking Acai is this amazing product, when it’s just a freaking berry.
To lose fat:
1. DON’T BELIEVE THOSE FAD DIETS! DIET PILLS ARE GIMMICKS! Yes, Acai berries/pills/juice is a fad diet.
2. DO NOT STARVE YOURSELF! Unless you are 4ft tall, a 1,200 calorie a day diet is DANGEROUS and won’t work in the long run.
3. Calculate your BMR. Do a google search. A good calculator would ask for your age, height, weight, and activity level.
4. Eat healthy and eat about 500 calories a day less than your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR). Your BMR is how many calories you need per day to maintain your current weight.
5. Eat 5-6 small meals a day. This keeps your metabolism up. Each meal should include fruits, veggies, water, and protein.
5. Drink at least 64oz (8 8oz glasses) of water a day. No soda (that includes diet soda).
6. Do light/moderate cardio 3 to 5 times a week for 30 to 45 minutes each time. Running and aerobics class are great.
7. Do some strength training to make sure you lose fat and not muscle. Don’t worry; you won’t look like the hulk if you lift weights.
8. You should lose about 1-2lbs (.45-.9kg) per week. If you lose more than that, chances are the rest is stool, water weight, or even muscle mass.
9. Weigh yourself only once a week at the same time (ie every Friday morning). Your weight fluctuates a lot during any 24hour period because of water and food intake and also bowel movements.
Be patient and be smart. If you follow this guideline you will be very happy with your results.
Give your answer to this question below!